Friday, September 18, 2009

Simply Amazing


As we near the due date for Baby Zander, life becomes a little hectic for Marjorie and James as they ready their home and "nest". Marjorie is in the midst of non-stress tests once or twice a week, an ultrasound once a week and weekly doctor visits. She shared her first 3D ultrasound picture with us last Friday. What an amazing sight! The reality of becoming a grandma truly set in as I could see his beautiful face, his pudgy cheeks, the "family" nose, five fingers on his left hand (on which I could also see his fingernails). He looks so peaceful with his fist near his mouth. This is truly amazing for me. If only this technology would have been available when I was having babies. As a matter of fact, I would have settled for a boppy. Things have come a long way in the past 23 years.
During her doctor's visit last Friday, Marjorie also learned that she has dilated 2 cm and the baby's head is -2 (whatever that means). We are in the homestretch now and can hardly wait to get that magical call. Speaking of calls, my mom has told me not to call her again until I was calling to say "come now". She doesn't really mean that but it makes for a funny story right now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think she means it! First great grandchild is no less exciting than first grand was. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well MeMe is really slipping. She must be spending too much time (is there such a thing?) with Margie, James and Zander to update this blog.
    He is amazing. She sure titled this right. He should have been named after Uncle Wade. He is Hasting!! Has some of James features however, like hands and feet. It is so exciting to watch them bond with Zander. Love you guys. See you in 2 weeks. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete